HypnoBirthing® is simple program, thoughtfully developed over the years to remind mothers of the simplicity of birth itself. Just as the majority of birthing women do not need interventions and procedures for safe and healthy birth, they do not need a complex set of exercises and scripts to prepare themselves for peaceful, calm and comfortable birthing. The birthing body and the baby know just what to do. HypnoBirthing® is designed to teach women to trust in Nature's way of birth and to relax and let their bodies do what is needed. By practicing a few key techniques, mothers program their minds and condition their bodies to birth easily.
- From 2005 to 2010 17% of US HypnoBirthing® mothers birthed via C-Section, compared the the national average of 32%
- 9.5% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in the comfort of their homes. The national average is less than 1%
- 6% of HypnoBirthing® mothers chose to birth in freestanding birth centers. The national average is less than 1%
- Only 23% of HypnoBirthing® mothers birthing vaginally had epidural anesthesia, compared to the national average of 71%
Findings from the original study can be found here.
Benefits in Brief
- 5 classes, each lasting 2 1/2 hours
- HypnoBirthing® book and Rainbow Relaxation CD
- Customizable Birth Plan
Classes are available both privately and in small groups.
The Mongan Method
The concept of using hypnosis for easier, safer births was first developed by Marie Mongan, an American teacher and mother of four children. Although the program was originally intended to help Marie's daughter give birth in the 1990s, it was quickly recognized for the healthy, empowered moms and calm, happy babies who emerged from its techniques. Although there are others who have since imitated its premise, the Registered (®) sign ensures that you are receiving the authentic program, now coming up to its 25th year helping families.
For more information, visit: http://www.hypnobirthing.com/